The Meme code follows:
This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Seven Brilliant Blogs (The last three have already been Meme'd, but I really don't follow enough blogs, so I just want to tag them back and make sure they know why I enjoy their blogs):
- Toon Club - A blog set up by some people who went to the same university as me. Some very brilliant artists on here are posting artwork fairly regularly based on (almost) weekly topics.
- Character Design - A university classmate made this as a class project, then it took off as the number one blog resource for people interested in learning about professional character designers. He sent a set of interview questions
- Tobold - Tobold has a large following of readers, and it's obviously because he keeps his blog updated almost on a daily basis. Good, often very clever writing, with plenty of good info about current trends, as well as discussion of MMO concepts. Worth a look!
- The Battered Shield - Khan talks about MMO experiences. It's fun to follow, and he writes in a way you can relate to as a player.
- The Oakstout - I read Oakstout's posts because he always seems to be doing interesting things. LAN parties to play WoW? That's just rad.
- Word of Shadow - Melf and Crimson keep this blog and talk about their games, other games, game ideas and such. I enjoy reading what they have to say, and occasionally posting comments to see if I can get an argument going.
- Dragon Chasers - I've generally enjoyed reading this blog for its game and game-related technology reviews. I laugh every time I read the headline: Dragon Chasers-But what will you do when you catch one???
More than you ever wanted to know about me:
- I'm married almost 5 years now, and my son is almost 2.
- I met Thallian when I got a job at the University's Center for Instructional Design. I was a new artist, and he'd been programming there for a year+.
- Thallian was making an RPG maker game when we first met; I made some custom art for that game.
- I grew up in California, moved to Utah for school, and somehow ended up staying in Utah.
- I made my first (sloppy) cartoon in 3rd grade using a 300-pack of copy paper, a pencil, and our home video camera.
- I made my first video game in 5th grade using Hypercard, and posted it on America Online. 300 people downloaded it and probably wondered what the heck it was.
- I started WoW 2 years ago, but I would have loved to have started playing an MMO 6 years ago...The reason I waited was monthly fees and hardware requirements.
- Thallian and I are in fact planning to make an independent pc game together, but I'm holding it up because I still have a separate Independent game I'm making with another partner that is taking much longer to complete than I originally expected.
- I'm currently building my portfolio and applying for jobs since the game studio I was at has all but closed its doors. I've already applied at Disney, Blizzard, Cryptic and about 30 others.
- Unless my job situation prevents me, I'm making a trip to California at the end of the month for Thallian's bachelor party.