Friday, November 14, 2008

HOGGER RAID!

On Tuesday night, WoW had a huge server outage. I couldn't get on my main server all night...

For a little while, there were only 20 or so servers up. During this time a lot of people created characters on those 20 servers. I happened to have a level 3 priest on one of them, so I joined in.

The next thing I knew, people were spamming general chat in Elwynn Forest with talk of a "Hogger Raid." Hogger is a level 11 Elite boss in a public area of the Forest.

Curious, I moved in the direction of Hogger. As I approached, I saw more and more level 1's gathering...

We finally found hogger, but not until at least 25 level 1 characters had joined our mob. We engaged. it took a little while to down him, but the 25 needle-point wounds finally left Hogger in the mulched grassy forest floor.

"Hogger Down!"

6 comments:

Nimgimli said...

That's awesome, and THAT is the kind of thing that makes MMOs so appealing to me. When people get together to do random crazy "outside the box" stuff.

Congrats on slaying the mighty Hogger!!!

mbp said...

Did he drop any epix?

Thallian said...

I bet he does, lvl 11 epix! :D Like a lucky rabbits foot or something

Jayedub said...

That's too funny.

Saylah @ Mystic Worlds said...

It's funny that a level mob, elite or not, has become so infamous in WOW. Killing Hogger was always one of the first memorable experiences on all of my WOW toons. Regardless of race, I made my way there to take him down.

Thallian said...

I think it has something to do with his awesome name ;)