Thursday, November 12, 2009

Star Trek Online Minimum System Reqs and launch date

All right you trekkies... I know you're out there! This one's for you!

Star Trek Online will launch Feb 2 next year, in only 4 months. (If you believe that it won't be pushed back further I have some Bay Bridge stock to sell you..)

The minimum system reqs are

System Requirements

  • OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
  • Memory: 1GB RAM
  • Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
  • Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
  • HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
  • Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
  • Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

Recommended System Configuration

  • OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
  • CPU: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 5600+
  • Memory: 2GB RAM+
  • Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+
  • Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
  • HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
  • Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
  • Disc: 6X DVD-ROM
And just for the record. Never ever aim for the minimum on a graphics intensive game like this. Always aim high but affordable. I'm glad they are planning to support 64 bit since half the new systems coming out ARE 64 bit and 2 out of 3 of our home computers are now.

4 comments:

Anton said...

It's FINALLY coming??? I would be so excited for this game except I think I actually DON'T meet the system requirements...That sounds like a lot of ram and processor power...

Thallian said...

It costs about 300 to 500 bucks for a rig this powerful.. At least last time I checked, though, prices may have dropped due to black Friday being almost here.

Oakstout said...

I'm interested but not to the point that I would actually use my money to get involved just yet. If I happen upon a small fortune or someone buys it for a gift with a game card, I'll be happy to try it, but for now, I'll just wait and see what unfolds.

I have been burned too many times by letting hype draw me into games I don't play after 6 months.

Thallian said...

Aye, I think I'm going to adopt the "wait and see" attitude myself as well ;) But if reviews are really good from bloggers and critics, I might have a hard time keeping my distance...