Monday, March 9, 2009

The 12 man Moria raid has been pushed back

Here's a quote to prove I wasn't a liar when I said way back that they were going to do a (real)raid in book 7. Apparently they were but they changed the release date.

"No one is saying that we are not ever going to do 24-man raids. We just don't have any immediate plans for them. We want to make sure that we are giving you the most content possible with the most variety. The future could bring more 24-mans, but it is not in the "forseeable future" as was posted in the dev chat.

Also, I just want to say, that while I know you guys are disappointed with the push of the 6-boss raid until Book 8, we have a pretty agressive schedule ahead of us, and we have a lot of plans for the coming year. Stay tuned, be patient, and it will hopefully be awesome! " -Amlug

source: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=3464435#post3464435

I love multi-boss raids when they are done right and accessible to most people. I hate them when they are too hard for the best players unless they have perfect gear and third party software add-ons or if they go on too long (I'm looking at you Molten Core, Lucifron-decursive) Anyways the first one Turbine did that was with a manageable number is still challenging and fun (the rift) I can't wiat to see the second, though I hope they make the first two bosses easier, and the ramp up in difficulty more gradual so players don't get discouraged right away if they don't make the skill check. What do you guys think? What's the best way to design a raid? Hard bosses at the beginning or kind of random placement, or perhaps a chamber where you can go on different paths once you have beaten the previous ones (it could save it as a deed or something)

No comments: