Thursday, March 19, 2009

D&D Version 4!

Very old news--But since World of Warcraft is my usual RPG these days, I haven't taken much time for Pen & Paper RPG's lately.

On Tuesday I happened to wander into a game store and ended up buying the Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition starter game set.

As a game developer myself, I am very pleased with a lot of the tips on building adventures which are included in the DM booklet. For 17$, if anyone has had a yearning to go back and play Pen & Paper games like you may have as a kid, I recommend this new edition. This version uses tiles that can be rearranged to create innumberable different types of rooms to encounter enemies and obstacles in.

I particularly enjoyed a section I just read about creating diversified areas, and the different ways you can spice up gameplay by creating interesting rooms. There's also a section that outlines monster roles (ie DPS, Tank, Healer...Only this book has descriptions of a few others that have opened my eyes a bit.

Ah, good ol' D&D!

1 comment:

Thallian said...

Woot! I luves me some D&D!