Thursday, April 10, 2008

Forochel in living color


The newest area will be added soon to Lord of the rings and its likely if you've only read the books you haven't heard much about it. This area will be cold.. so cold that the blizzards will cause status ailments and the water will slowly kill you. They are also adding a "show you your breath animation that gets stronger the colder you get, plus lots of different mammoths. I like mammoths so I'm excited. They are also adding fissshing, preciousss, yesss.... I just played the Gollum instance in the trollshaws the other day for the first time and the music was great. I had been putting it off for a while. Gollum looks pretty cool in directx10 and I am sure he isn't done with his hijinks. Maybe he' s stealing people's left socks as we speak... http://www.lotro.com/article/525

7 comments:

Anton said...

Cold... so... cold...

In FF7 you had to hit some button over and over again real fast to keep yourself warm in the snowy mountains.

This looks pretty nice. If I weren't playing WoW, I'd probably join you.

Talyn said...

Really looking forward to Book 13! I've been reading every Steefel interview (man that guy's becoming Turbine's own Rock Star personality...) but I really enjoyed the official article you linked that not only discussed some of the new features in Forochel but the design intentions behind them. Great stuff!

Thallian said...

Yay, someone actually read this! Umm.. I mean thats cool Scott I've been reading Steefel's intrerviews too. I think he kinda reminds me of Reggie Fils Aime of Nintendo os America, a straight talking semi-promotional persona. I love how he drops intersteing tidbits in eveyr interview though, not keeping us forever out in the cold. I'll do my best to keep giving you great news. Btw Anton I remember that in ff7.. man did I hate doing that part but riding the snowboard was fun :) (in that game and in twilight princess) And the city of ancients was all creepy and empty but really neatly designed, yeah that was cool. Too bad the very last part of teh game wasnt as well designed and was buggy.. anyways.

Bartlebe said...

Thats an impressive looking screenshot there. Is that your character??

Thallian said...

hey Bartlebe, no it is one from turbines stuff cuz Forochel isn't live on Roheryn until later today. I will post a screenshot of each of my chars later in a unique post, just for you, especially my three mains. :) Maybe Anton can give me a pic of each of his wow chars for the same post (hint, hint, wink wink)

Zubon said...

I noticed the breath effect in Thorin's Hall yesterday. The snowy newbie zone was retrofitted with it -- nice.

The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™'s graphics have always been impressive, but the little touch like that (and it is little, just an occasional puff) stands out.

Thallian said...

I agree, sometimes its the little things that matter most in life :) .. or virtual life in this case.