Monday, September 14, 2009

Behold! The ruin of my old guild!

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/guilds/524405

Apparently.. if I was to reactivate my old account, my guild on Warcraft still exists on their database.. there were that many "dead" accounts still in the guild that never left. Even after our destructive merger and falling apart. I wonder how many dead account Blizzard has to keep track of anyways? Doesn't that cost them database space? well, I think they never delete them as long as the game is still going so "Tram Defenders" and many others will be around a long, long time. They just won't be doing much other than rolling in their graves during the Cataclism ;)

Speaking of old guilds.. I wonder how Casualties of WAR is doing...

5 comments:

Anton said...

What do you mean dead? Murtagh logged in July 31st, 2008! That's only just over a year ago!

Thallian said...

you wise cracker you

Cap'n John said...

I quit subscribing a year or so ago (my 1-year Wizard101 sub just expired so it's very close to a year ago) and now I just create 10-day Trials and play WoW for free, and after 10 days (or maybe a few more) I'll create a new Trial and play another Alt that's destined to go no higher than level 20 then stagnate on the dead character server, or where Blizzard store the characters belonging to inactive accounts.

I'm definitely doing my part to fill up their server space with characters that will never see the light of day, and it does make me wonder how long Blizzard keep Trial accounts before deleting them. If you believe Blizzard, forever, but...really? It's a 10-day Trial that hasn't been touched for over a year. Do they really keep every single Trial on the off chance that someone might activate them 12, 15, 18-months down the road? 2 years later? 3 years?

Guys? I think, maybe, just maybe, he's...not coming back.

Let's give him another year. Don't want to be too hasty now.

Thallian said...

Rofl you're hilarious. Yeah, I think I've finally reached escape velocity. They aren't even getting me interested with their cataclysm reboot thing so yeah.. Not gonna happen. Plus I have Turbine to orbit now and possibly some other neat MMO's soon.

Anton said...

I'm having a hard time being excited about Cataclysm myself, seeing as it's still a year and 2 months away from release.

Regarding stagnate WoW accounts, I don't see why Blizzard wouldn't save them all...I can't imagine a character would take that much space on a hard drive, and disc space is cheap these days. I think they can afford it. Especially if it means avoiding the angry people who actually would miss their characters after 2 years away.